Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kathleen Sterling will not seek another term on the Tri-City Healthcare District's Board of Directors

"Tomorrow, August 15, 2012 is the last day for any registered voter who lives in the District to qualify for the board and to file a ballot statement. It is not necessary to go to the Voter Registrar Office in San Diego rather just go to Tri City Medical Center administration ask for Teri Donnellen, Clerk of the Board, she will be able to assist with the necessary papers with the filing deadline."

See all Tri-City Healthcare posts. PRESS RELEASE

KATHLEEN STERLING WILL NOT SEEK ANOTHER TERM ON THE TRI-CITY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
August 14, 2012

Today, I’m announcing I will not be seeking another term asa member of the Board of Directors of the Tri City Healthcare District’s Medical Center. To my constituents, the hard-working, dedicated employees and medical staff, it’s been an honor, and graciously, I thank you foryour continued support and opportunities to serve you.

During the November 2008 election, I promised to serve on the Board with honor, integrity, and commitment to my constituents, and I pledged transparency with the business of the District. Both oaths have been kept, even under the arduous conditions set against me by a compromised Board that was guided by a General Counsel and CEO who prevented me from attending and participating in Board meetings.

As your elected representative, I work for you. You’ve chosen not to lodge a recall against me. Nonetheless, the current members of the Board continue to allocate public funds and resources to silence you and your elected representatives, while they make important healthcare decisions behind a shroud of secrecy. Each closed session decision made by this compromised Board should be nullified and voided for their action was taken without full and equal representation of the complete board of seven members. They’ve violated the pledge and oath of office that I have relentlessly fought to uphold. I’ve lived up to my promises. I have consistently voted “no” on all measures to give bonuses, salary increases, and pension benefits tailored for the CEO Larry B. Anderson. I have pushed for all contracts to be competitive through a qualification or proposal process. I have spoken out in support of quality healthcare and reporting, including medical staff compliance with continuous quality improvement, and full compliance with federal and state laws. I have provided constituency services to meet your healthcare needs.

For over two years, the compromised Board has done everything possible to silence me instead of answering pertinent questions about the people’s business. I’ve been badgered, threatened, harassed, intimidated, and insulted. I have lost indemnification and other constitutional privileges of the office held. I have been barred from serving on any Board committees, and deprived of access to the Medical Center and its records. My constituents have lost their rights to have contact with me, despite my public office. The compromised Board and CEO have repeatedly falsely accused me of misconduct through outright lies, innuendos, hearsay, and baseless censures.

I’ve refused to accept any district attorney “plea bargain” for this Board’s false charges. San Diego courts continue to rule in my favor, as the compromised Board continues to file unprecedented baseless lawsuits against me. Your taxpayer money is being spent frivolously by this Board, which appeals all court decisions despite the fact that I have been repeatedly vindicated.

After two years of delays, I will finally have my day in court on September 10, 2012 at the Vista North County Superior Court to answer the last remaining charge filed by the District Attorney’s Office of Public Integrity based on this Board’s false accusations. I look forward to standing before a jury of my peers, family, friends, (non) supporters, on-lookers, and media to bring forward the truth.

I intend to carry on the fight for transparency and integrity within the Tri-City Healthcare District as a private citizen. I am proud that District hospitals are now on the radar, with increased media interest and investigations into conflicts of interest. We’ve even seen the California Legislature and State Controller show interest with the District Hospital’s CEO salaries, benefits, and pension plans, as hospitals districts are filing for bankruptcy.

If the public wants affordable healthcare, then the public needs to get actively involved. I encourage every voter to attend Tri-City Healthcare District Board and committee meetings, and follow what is taking place and how your tax dollars are being spent. Together, we can demand access to the public records, speak up about issues of concern, and ensure that Board and committee meetings are conducted in compliance with law.

Tomorrow, August 15, 2012 is the last day for any registered voter who lives in the District to qualify for the board and to file a ballot statement. It is not necessary to go to the Voter Registrar Office in San Diego rather just go to Tri City Medical Center administration ask for Teri Donnellen, Clerk of the Board, she will be able to assist with the necessary papers with the filing deadline.

It is my greatest hope the voters of this District will cast informed votes in the upcoming election, voting out the incumbents, and voting in candidates who will stand up for what is right: it is imperative that we preserve our community hospital.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasp dudes! Awesome stuff keep it up.
http://www.write-essay.org/

Anonymous said...

The quality of information that you are providing is simply marvelous.
scholarships for high school seniors 2012

Unknown said...

This written piece gives fastidious understanding yet. learn german online for free

Unknown said...

The blog and data in this, is very good and informative also.essay