Monday, March 16, 2009

What exactly is the relationship between AIG and SDCOE?


UPDATE: SignOnSanDiego (the Internet version of the San Diego Union Tribune) published an excellent answer less than ten hours after I posted the question, "What exactly is the relationship between AIG and SDCOE?"


ORIGINAL POST:

I was pleased to learn that $12 billion of AIG's bailout money has been paid to municipalities in California.

This use of the money is certainly better than the shocking payments to AIG's Financial Products, the unit of the company that sold high-risk credit swaps.

I'm still concerned. Public entities in California have been investigated regarding kickbacks from insurance brokers. I know that San Diego County Office of Education (which is suing me for harassment) is insured by AIG. I am asking SDCOE to produce records of all payments to SDCOE and/or its employees by AIG.

No comments: