Sunday, March 01, 2009

Is this CTA official completely incompetent--or is she committing perjury?


Gina Boyd, former president of Chula Vista Educators, an affiliate of California Teachers Association, gave some bizarre responses to deposition questions by Chula Vista Elementary School District teacher Maura Larkins. Maura Larkins was removed from her position at Castle Park Elementary when Assistant Superintendent Rick Werlin claim that he'd received Saturday night phone calls in which two anonymous teachers claimed that they feared Larkins would kill them. The school district never investigated the matter.

Why did Ms. Boyd hide the truth? The only motivations I can think of are that she wanted to get reelected, and to protect her friend Robin Donlan and other members of the Castle Park Five.


[Page 79 10:17:36 Maura Larkins:]

Were you curious as to what my behavior might have been that caused them to fear for their lives?

[Gina Boyd:]


(long pause...) I guess...I don't know...



[Maura Larkins 10:18:20:]

You weren't drivingly curious as to why teachers were concerned that another teacher might kill them?

[Stutz law firm Atty. Kelly Angell:]

Objection. Asked and answered.


[Maura Larkins 10:19:]

...Were you curious about it--the results of his investigation?

I don't know whether he ever completed it, frankly.

Q. Did you ask him?

A. No.


10:19:28

Q. Were you concerned about the safety of teachers at Castle Park?

A. I'm concerned about the safety of all my teachers...

10:20:06

Did any teacher ever tell you that he or she feared that I might kill him or her?

No.





[Page 81, line 19]

...Did you believe that I had behaved in a manner that threatened the lives of others?

No.

Did you think these two people had lied?

No...

No comments: