Friday, November 14, 2008

Sheriff Bill Brown, won't you please ask Commander Sam Gross to cough up these records?

Photo Sheriff Bill Brown of Santa Barbara

Eleven days ago, I talked to Commander Sam Gross of the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department, on November 3, 2008. He said he would accept mail service of
my subpoena for documents, but added "that doesn't mean that we'll honor the subpoena."

No, apparently not.

And it turns out that the Santa Barbara sheriff is also pretending that it didn't receive the subpoena. Today I was told that Sam Gross is not available, and the records supervisor is not available, and nobody knows when the records supervisor will be available, and the supervisor does not have an assistant who could answer the simple question: "Did you receive the subpoena?"

I was told to fax the subpoena, but the fax wouldn't go through.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Sheriff of Santa Barbara doesn't want me to have these documents. Hmmm. Is it possible that this is the reason he wants to keep those documents hidden?

No comments: