Sunday, February 02, 2014

Google has decided I'm worthy of recognition in its Google Alerts


Update: The joy didn't last too long. Google has gone back to keeping my blogs out of its Google Alerts system. Somebody with clout must have got to them again. But the good news is that there's a great alternative: Talkwalker.


I'm not blacklisted anymore! Google has decided I'm worthy of recognition in its Google Alerts.

And who is responsible for this free speech victory? The FBI, apparently!

Stutz Artiano Shinoff & Holtz seems to have convinced Google that my blogs were damaging Stutz' reputation, so about two or three years ago Google banned my blogs from its Google Alerts.

Except for a couple of blips, Google has been nice enough to allow my blogs in its search results, but it wouldn't send out alerts on my posts.

But this morning I got a Google alert regarding one of my blog posts.

Google must have decided that if the FBI is taping the conversations of a Stutz law firm lawyer, then the public has a right to the information I have about the law firm.

This morning they sent out alerts on this post: Dan Shinoff meeting with Manuel Paul and Loreto Romero was secretly taped as part of FBI investigation re San Ysidro School District

But the question remains, how much other information is being kept from the public by Internet companies whose lawyers want to please big law firms who complain about people like me?

No comments: