Saturday, November 10, 2012

In Poway, as in most school districts, the pendulum keeps swinging back and forth

In Poway, two wrongs don't make a right
Mark Schaeffer
Voice of San Diego opinion
Nov 8, 2012

I attended Midland, Twin Peaks, and Poway High schools for much of my K-12 years. When in high school, the school board fired the superintendent, alleging cover-ups in the construction as one of several points. Following this, those board members voting to fire were subject to a recall election.

Then, a custodian of my acquaintance claimed the Mount Carmel auditorium was problematic. I do remember being on-stage for a holiday concert in 1977, wondering what would happen (thankfully, nothing).

When renovation work started, a manager said (I paraphrase), either the original work had no inspectors, or they should be imprisoned.

"Two wrongs do not make a right" should apply here.

No comments: