Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I wish SDCOE trustees would act like this

Nick Aguilar seems to be the only SDCOE trustee who believes in producing public records.

Sharon Jones seems to think it's just fine that Diane Crosier covers up financial documents regarding Daniel Shinoff and Stutz, Artiano Shinoff & Holtz.

Why don't SDCOE trustees act like SEDC trustees?

Maybe it's because the media isn't covering SDCOE. How about it, Voice of San Diego?



Voice of San Diego
Petty Watch, Update 7

Day 10 of Petty Watch and still nothing from the Southeastern Economic Development Corp.'s Corporate Counsel Regina Petty, who is still stonewalling me. But members of SEDC's Board of Directors aren't happy that I haven't received the records I asked for more than a month ago.

I just called Petty's office and the woman who answered said neither Petty nor her assistant was available. I asked if either was in the office.

"They're just not taking your calls," the woman said. I left a message.

Over the last couple of days, I've spoken with three of the board members, Cruz Gonzalez, Rich Geisler and Gina Champion-Cain, and asked them what they think of Petty's continued refusal to speak to me, or to provide her SEDC invoices, records she must, by law, make available for public scrutiny.

They all want Petty to respond to my records request, which has been pending since early last month.

"I'd like to see her reply with the request as soon as possible and give you what you need," Geisler said. "We need to turn the page on SEDC not responding to people."

"I'll call Regina right now," Gonzalez told me last night.

"We'll get you the records you need," Champion-Cain told me.

SEDC is having a special board meeting tomorrow night. Petty is normally at those meetings. Champion-Cain told me she plans to raise the issue of the records at the meeting.


-- WILL CARLESS
October 15, 2008

No comments: